Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Globacom N1m gift dazzles local horse ride

A local horse ride from Kebbi State, Mr. Bashiru Danzaki was dazed when he was given a cheque of N1million by Globacom for simply registering SIM card with the mobile operator.

Although he was initailty in doubt about the news but he was later convinced when a staff of Globacom in his state offered to give a gift of N10, 000.00 to enable him come to Lagos to receive his prize.

While pouring praise on the second national carrier in his native language, he said: “I am now short of words because I thought it was a fraud. In fact, I am so grateful to Glo and thankful to God for this great opportunity.

“Glo went as far as giving me money to travel to Lagos to collect this prize. I will use the money to buy a white horse for my sport, support my mother in her trading business and open a store to sell provisions and Glo recharge cards.”

Danzaki is one of the nine lucky Glo subscribers who recently emerged winners in the ongoing Glo N 1 Billion SIM registration promo. They got their cheque last week at Globacom’s corporate headquarters in Lagos .

It was indeed a time of celebration for the winners as they danced with joy while expressing their appreciation to Globacom for making them millionaires and changing their lives. Many of them found it difficult to believe that they could win N1 million by just registering their SIM cards.

For Moses Ogundana, a professional photographer based in Yagba, Kogi state, winning N1 million in the Glo SIM registration promo has put a stamp of certainty on the realization of his dream of acquiring the most sophisticated photography equipment for his studio.

“I was called more than 10 times but I refused to pick the calls until my friends encouraged me to go and make verifications at the Glo office in Ilorin. Thank you Glo for what you have done. I pray that your company will continue to grow in leaps and bounds. I will use the money to buy those sophisticated professional cameras I’ve been dreaming about and support my wife with funds to invest in her recharge card business”, he stated.

Speaking at the event, Mrs Funmilola Odufuwa, a nursing mother and staff of an insurance company in Ibadan, Oyo state said that though she found it difficult to believe initially that she could so easily win N 1million from Glo, her husband was even more sceptical.

“When my husband came back from work and I told him about the calls, he just told me to stop bothering him and find some food for him to eat after a long day at work. But now that I have the cheque, I want to thank Glo for making me a millionaire. I appreciate Glo so much because this money will make it possible for me to start a small business”, she said.

Globacom’s Director of Sales, Patrick Awotwi said that the “Glo N1 Billion SIM registration promo” was a special initiative intended to show appreciation to Glo subscribers who register their SIM cards and also thank them for remaining loyal to the Glo network over the years.

He urged existing and potential Glo subscribers to go ahead and quickly register their SIM cards as the promo would come to a conclusion by the end of March. The Glo N1 Billion SIM registration Blast rewards Glo subscribers across the country who register their SIM cards with prizes of N1 million for 10 subscribers daily and N500 worth of airtime/sms for 60,000 people daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment